China Keemun tea: Dahlia from Anhui Province.
China Keemun tea is ‘gongfu’ tea in that it requires disciplined skill to produce the leaf in tight, thin strips. Dahlia has a rich liquor and delicate aroma. Keemun is the most famous of China’s black teas and, due to its subtle, biscuity nature and winey character it is considered the “Burgundy of teas”. Make with freshly boiled water using one teaspoon per person and one for the cup. Infuse for three minutes. Best drunk without milk. A classic afternoon tea.
The benefits of loose leaf tea
- This China Keemun tea is chosen for its distinctive, balanced flavour.
- Loose leaf tea enables the full flavour characteristics of the tea to infuse.
- The tea is chosen for its high grade which imparts the flavour and aroma characteristics for which this tea is best known.
- A little patience is required when infusing large leaf grades but you will be rewarded with a superior, more balanced cup.
Which size to choose
- There are several packing options: 60grams, 125grams and 250grams – the standard being of 125 grams in a packet.
- You can select packets or a tin caddy with hinged lid which can be selected from the drop-down options.
- Our silver-coloured packets are a triple laminate of paper, foil and cellophane, specifically designed for tea.
How to look after this tea
- Store the tea with care: ensure it is stored air-tight, away from heat, light, moisture and strong aromas.
- Our standard best-before is one year.
- Our standard shipping is second class post unless you choose an alternative option.
- Free UK shipping is available for orders over £30 and free first class post can be chosen for orders over £50.
- At the checkout you may choose to receive a free, full-colour, eight-page guide to our tea.
For more information about buying our loose leaf teas see our page How to Buy the Best Loose Leaf Tea.