Keemun Hao Ya A: a handmade Gongfu style tea.
This tea is largely retained for the most elevated of China’s domestic consumption. Keemun Hao Ya A is the ultimate quality of this Chinese Famous (Tribute) tea. This represents the finest of China’s long history of making Keemun teas for export. Grown in Anhui province, the leaf is picked very young, before Hao Ya B. It is small, neat and tightly twisted. The resultant cup is deep bronze in colour and is beautifully rich and winey with a well rounded floral aroma. Use one teaspoon per cup and one for the pot with freshly boiling water and infuse for three minutes. It has sufficient body to take milk if desired.
The benefits of loose leaf tea
- This is a carefully sourced tea chosen for its distinctive, balanced flavour.
- Loose leaf tea enables the full flavour characteristics of the tea to infuse.
- The tea is chosen for its high grade which imparts the flavour and aroma characteristics for which this tea is best known.
- A little patience is required when infusing large leaf grades but you will be rewarded with a superior, more balanced cup.
Which size to choose
- There are several packing options: 60grams, 125grams and 250grams – the standard being of 125 grams in a packet.
- You can select packets or a tin caddy with hinged lid which can be selected from the drop-down options.
- Our silver-coloured packets are a triple laminate of paper, foil and cellophane, specifically designed for tea.
How to look after this tea
- Store the tea with care: ensure it is stored air-tight, away from heat, light, moisture and strong aromas.
- Our standard best-before is one year.
- Our standard shipping is second class post unless you choose an alternative option.
- Free UK shipping is available for orders over £30 and free first class post can be chosen for orders over £50.
- At the checkout you may choose to receive a free, full-colour, eight-page guide to our tea.
For more information about buying our loose leaf teas see our page How to Buy the Best Loose Leaf Tea.