Kenya Marinyn tea: orthodox large leaf grade loose tea.
Grown at the foot on Mount Kilamanjaro, Kenya Marinyn tea is celebrated for being one of the few orthodox teas from a Kenyan garden. This large leaf, GFOP1 grade tea has a distinctive coppery liquor which is full bodied and tangy with a deep, subdued floral quality. Use one teaspoon per cup and one for the pot with freshly boiling water and infuse for four minutes. Best drunk with milk.
The benefits of loose leaf tea
- This is a carefully sourced tea chosen for its distinctive, balanced flavour.
- Loose leaf tea enables the full flavour characteristics of the tea to infuse.
- The tea is chosen for its high grade which imparts the flavour and aroma characteristics for which this tea is best known.
- A little patience is required when infusing large leaf grades but you will be rewarded with a superior, more balanced cup.
Which size to choose
- There are several packing options: 60grams, 125grams and 250grams – the standard being of 125 grams in a packet.
- You can select packets or a tin caddy with hinged lid which can be selected from the drop-down options.
- Our silver-coloured packets are a triple laminate of paper, foil and cellophane, specifically designed for tea.
How to look after this tea
- Store the tea with care: ensure it is stored air-tight, away from heat, light, moisture and strong aromas.
- Our standard best-before is one year.
- Our standard shipping is second class post unless you choose an alternative option.
- Free UK shipping is available for orders over £30 and free first class post can be chosen for orders over £50.
- At the checkout you may choose to receive a free, full-colour, eight-page guide to our tea.
For more information about buying our loose leaf teas see our page How to Buy the Best Loose Leaf Tea.