Ceylon Kenilworth Tea: Orange Pekoe from Dimbula.
Ceylon Kenilworth Tea is produced near Ginigathena, Dimbula in Sri Lanka’s western hills. It is grown at an elevation of 3500 ft. Carefully chosen tender tea leaves are picked after the first monsoon and are then processed in cooler weather resulting in Kenilworth’s unique creamy character. The rich flavour has hints of tobacco, cocoa and spice with fruity undertones. The leaves are long and beautifully twisted. Use one teaspoon per cup and one for the pot with freshly boiling water and infuse for four minutes. Drink with milk.
Ceylon Kenilworth Orange Pekoe (OP) grade holds the record for the top price bid over Colombo’s 125 year auction history. Kenilworth takes its name from the town in Warwickshire, England, well known for its castle, home of Robert, Earl of Leicester. He was the great love of Queen Elizabeth I (1533 – 1603).
The benefits of loose leaf tea
- This is a carefully sourced tea chosen for its distinctive, balanced flavour.
- Loose leaf tea enables the full flavour characteristics of the tea to infuse.
- The tea is chosen for its high grade which imparts the flavour and aroma characteristics for which this tea is best known.
- A little patience is required when infusing large leaf grades but you will be rewarded with a superior, more balanced cup.
Which size to choose
- There are several packing options: 60grams, 125grams and 250grams – the standard being of 125 grams in a packet.
- You can select packets or a tin caddy with hinged lid which can be selected from the drop-down options.
- Our silver-coloured packets are a triple laminate of paper, foil and cellophane, specifically designed for tea.
How to look after this tea
- Store the tea with care: ensure it is stored air-tight, away from heat, light, moisture and strong aromas.
- Our standard best-before is one year.
- Our standard shipping is second class post unless you choose an alternative option.
- Free UK shipping is available for orders over £30 and free first class post can be chosen for orders over £50.
- At the checkout you may choose to receive a free, full-colour, eight-page guide to our tea.
For more information about buying our loose leaf teas see our page How to Buy the Best Loose Leaf Tea.