Nilgiri organic tea: Thiashola TGFOP grade.
Thiashola is the oldest of Nilgiri’s tea gardens having been established in 1859. In 2003 it was amongst the first to be certified organic. This Nilgiri organic tea is TGFOP grade and has a noticeably a reddish hue. The liquor is classically light, with a fragrant and brisk, refreshing character that explains why those in the know are so devoted to this excellent tea. Use one teaspoon per cup and one for the pot with freshly boiled water. Best with only a little milk, it can be drunk without.
Amazing tea “This Nilgiri tea is one of the best teas I have ever tasted. Quite strong, and a very good alternative to Assam or English breakfast.”
The benefits of loose leaf tea
- This is a carefully sourced tea chosen for its distinctive, balanced flavour.
- Loose leaf tea enables the full flavour characteristics of the tea to infuse.
- The tea is chosen for its high grade which imparts the flavour and aroma characteristics for which this tea is best known.
- A little patience is required when infusing large leaf grades but you will be rewarded with a superior, more balanced cup.
Which size to choose
- There are several packing options: 60grams, 125grams and 250grams – the standard being of 125 grams in a packet.
- You can select packets or a tin caddy with hinged lid which can be selected from the drop-down options.
- Our silver-coloured packets are a triple laminate of paper, foil and cellophane, specifically designed for tea.
How to look after this tea
- Store the tea with care: ensure it is stored air-tight, away from heat, light, moisture and strong aromas.
- Our standard best-before is one year.
- Our standard shipping is second class post unless you choose an alternative option.
- Free UK shipping is available for orders over £30 and free first class post can be chosen for orders over £50.
- At the checkout you may choose to receive a free, full-colour, eight-page guide to our tea.
For more information about buying our loose leaf teas see our page How to Buy the Best Loose Leaf Tea.