Nepalese First Flush Mist Valley 2016: from Jitpur, near Ilam, Nepal.
The small, cloud-enveloped Mist Valley garden in eastern Nepal is situated at an altitude of 4600 feet. It has produced this beautiful Nepalese First Flush SFTGFOP1 grade tea. It has an attractively green, tippy leaf with a lovely fresh straw and floral aroma. In the cup this picking is pale gold with medium-light body. Whilst it is a first flush it does not have an overtly astringent aspect, in fact it is noticeably smooth, subtly floral and herbaceous with a long finish. Infuse for four minutes and drink without milk.
The benefits of loose leaf tea
- This is a carefully sourced tea chosen for its distinctive, balanced flavour.
- Loose leaf tea enables the full flavour characteristics of the tea to infuse.
- The tea is chosen for its high grade which imparts the flavour and aroma characteristics for which this tea is best known.
- A little patience is required when infusing large leaf grades but you will be rewarded with a superior, more balanced cup.
Which size to choose
- There are several packing options: 60grams, 125grams and 250grams – the standard being of 125 grams in a packet.
- You can select packets or a tin caddy with hinged lid which can be selected from the drop-down options.
- Our silver-coloured packets are a triple laminate of paper, foil and cellophane, specifically designed for tea.
How to look after this tea
- Store the tea with care: ensure it is stored air-tight, away from heat, light, moisture and strong aromas.
- Our standard best-before is one year.
- Our standard shipping is second class post unless you choose an alternative option.
- Free UK shipping is available for orders over £30 and free first class post can be chosen for orders over £50.
- At the checkout you may choose to receive a free, full-colour, eight-page guide to our tea.
For more information about buying our loose leaf teas see our page How to Buy the Best Loose Leaf Tea.