Darjeeling First Flush 2018: Phoobsering. Delicious, fruity sweetness
This Darjeeling First Flush 2018 is from one of Darjeeling’s oldest gardens, Phoobsering, established in the 1850s and is named, unusually, after its first manager. Situated in the Darjeeling West Valley this First Flush is greenish with plenty of white tip. It has an attractive floral aroma whilst retaining the typically complex muscatel character of a top Darjeeling. In the cup the liquor is bright amber and it has a delicious, slightly fruity sweetness. Use one teaspoon per cup and infuse for three to five minutes with freshly boiled water that has come off the boil.
The benefits of loose leaf tea
- This is a carefully sourced tea chosen for its distinctive, balanced flavour.
- Loose leaf tea enables the full flavour characteristics of the tea to infuse.
- The tea is chosen for its high grade which imparts the flavour and aroma characteristics for which this tea is best known.
- A little patience is required when infusing large leaf grades but you will be rewarded with a superior, more balanced cup.
Which size to choose
- There are several packing options: 60grams, 125grams and 250grams – the standard being of 125 grams in a packet.
- You can select packets or a tin caddy with hinged lid which can be selected from the drop-down options.
- Our silver-coloured packets are a triple laminate of paper, foil and cellophane, specifically designed for tea.
How to look after this tea
- Store the tea with care: ensure it is stored air-tight, away from heat, light, moisture and strong aromas.
- Our standard best-before is one year.
- Our standard shipping is second class post unless you choose an alternative option.
- Free UK shipping is available for orders over £30 and free first class post can be chosen for orders over £50.
- At the checkout you may choose to receive a free, full-colour, eight-page guide to our tea.
For more information about buying our loose leaf teas see our page How to Buy the Best Loose Leaf Tea.