Your basket is currently empty!
Ceylon Uva Wewesse tea
£7.88 – £17.97
- Ceylon Uva Wewesse tea: produced on the eastern slopes of Sri Lanka’s central mountains.
- Distinctively smooth, intense taste and wonderfully fragrant aroma.
- This distinction arises from the hot, dry winds that come in from the north-east.
- Has a long, very black wiry leaf with a beautifully bold, aromatic aroma.
- Rich, fragrant and aromatic this is a truly lovely tea.
Ceylon Uva Wewesse tea: produced on the eastern slopes of Sri Lanka's central mountains.
Uva has a world-wide reputation as a tea with a distinctively smooth, intense taste and wonderfully fragrant aroma. This distinction arises from the hot, dry winds that come in from the north-east, concentrating the flavour. Uva is picked between June and September. Ceylon Uva Wewesse tea has a long, very black wiry leaf with a beautifully bold, aromatic aroma that reminds you of a wonderful pipe tobacco. Rich, fragrant and aromatic this is a truly lovely tea. Use one teaspoon per cup plus one for the pot and infuse with freshly boiling water for four minutes. May be drunk without milk.
The benefits of loose leaf tea
- This is a carefully sourced tea chosen for its distinctive, balanced flavour.
- Loose leaf tea enables the full flavour characteristics of the tea to infuse.
- The tea is chosen for its high grade which imparts the flavour and aroma characteristics for which this tea is best known.
- A little patience is required when infusing large leaf grades but you will be rewarded with a superior, more balanced cup.
Which size to choose
- There are several packing options: 60grams, 125grams and 250grams - the standard being of 125 grams in a packet.
- You can select packets or a tin caddy with hinged lid which can be selected from the drop-down options.
- Our silver-coloured packets are a triple laminate of paper, foil and cellophane, specifically designed for tea.
How to look after this tea
- Store the tea with care: ensure it is stored air-tight, away from heat, light, moisture and strong aromas.
- Our standard best-before is one year.
- Our standard shipping is second class post unless you choose an alternative option.
- Free UK shipping is available for orders over £30 and free first class post can be chosen for orders over £50.
- At the checkout you may choose to receive a free, full-colour, eight-page guide to our tea.
For more information about buying our loose leaf teas see our page How to Buy the Best Loose Leaf Tea.
125 gram packet, 125 gram tin, 250 gram packet, 250 gram tin
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.