Darjeeling Sungma organic Muscatel Second Flush: from one of the most renown gardens.
Located in the Rungbong Valley at an altitude of up to 7000 feet, Darjeeling Sungma is from one of the most highly acclaimed gardens having a history of producing first-rate teas. This second flush tea has a good neat, dark leaf with evident tip. Its character is well rounded, woody and fruity with a pronounced muscatel character. A must-drink tea! Infuse one teaspoon per person and one for the pot with freshly boiled water for three minutes. Sumptuous.
As reviewed: “It blends notes of the expected raisins (to me the big difference between first and second flush is definitely grapes vs raisins) with underlying notes of tobacco” read the review in Amanda Wilson’s tea blog.
The benefits of loose leaf tea
- This is a carefully sourced tea chosen for its distinctive, balanced flavour.
- Loose leaf tea enables the full flavour characteristics of the tea to infuse.
- The tea is chosen for its high grade which imparts the flavour and aroma characteristics for which this tea is best known.
- A little patience is required when infusing large leaf grades but you will be rewarded with a superior, more balanced cup.
Which size to choose
- There are several packing options: 60grams, 125grams and 250grams – the standard being of 125 grams in a packet.
- You can select packets or a tin caddy with hinged lid which can be selected from the drop-down options.
- Our silver-coloured packets are a triple laminate of paper, foil and cellophane, specifically designed for tea.
How to look after this tea
- Store the tea with care: ensure it is stored air-tight, away from heat, light, moisture and strong aromas.
- Our standard best-before is one year.
- Our standard shipping is second class post unless you choose an alternative option.
- Free UK shipping is available for orders over £30 and free first class post can be chosen for orders over £50.
- At the checkout you may choose to receive a free, full-colour, eight-page guide to our tea.