Nepalese organic tea: Kathmandu TGFOP
This Nepalese organic tea has a strength and slight sweetness that is ideal for an afternoon tea. The tippy TGFOP grade leaf has the lovely, fresh aroma of a Himalayan meadow. Kathmandu produces a smooth, well flavoured cup with a character between that of a muscatel Darjeeling and a winey Keemun. Most satisfying. Use one teaspoon per cup and one for the pot with freshly boiling water and infuse for five minutes.
“A silky smooth tea with a two-stage taste sensation. A wonderful tea with a taste sensation of two parts. The first part is pure and clean and followed by a full bodied overwhelming sensation that just screams at you to make another pot. Nepalese Katmandu is a truly wonderful tea and best drunk around midday.”
“Tangy and refreshing. Perfect with a little milk for reviving my concentration working at the pc.”
The benefits of loose leaf tea
- This is a carefully sourced tea chosen for its distinctive, balanced flavour.
- Loose leaf tea enables the full flavour characteristics of the tea to infuse.
- The tea is chosen for its high grade which imparts the flavour and aroma characteristics for which this tea is best known.
- A little patience is required when infusing large leaf grades but you will be rewarded with a superior, more balanced cup.
Which size to choose
- There are several packing options: 60grams, 125grams and 250grams – the standard being of 125 grams in a packet.
- You can select packets or a tin caddy with hinged lid which can be selected from the drop-down options.
- Our silver-coloured packets are a triple laminate of paper, foil and cellophane, specifically designed for tea.
How to look after this tea
- Store the tea with care: ensure it is stored air-tight, away from heat, light, moisture and strong aromas.
- Our standard best-before is one year.
- Our standard shipping is second class post unless you choose an alternative option.
- Free UK shipping is available for orders over £30 and free first class post can be chosen for orders over £50.
- At the checkout you may choose to receive a free, full-colour, eight-page guide to our tea.
For more information about buying our loose leaf teas see our page How to Buy the Best Loose Leaf Tea.